Skip to main content

The Saab 99 Restoration Begins!

So the other day I was kindly gifted a Saab 99 by a Saab club member and friend.
This 1973 Toreador red was last on the road in 2012 according to the registration sticker on the back window and was one of three rescued from Yarraman in Queensland (about 250km away from my place)
So far it's not running, but an ignition coil and condenser should fix that. Then to do an oil and filter change as it's probably like tar.
Despite the insanely wet weather here, I've been washing the car and polishing her up and bringing that red to life. The windscreen needed resealing so she suffered a little bit of water in the front but nothing too major.

I'll keep you all posted.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mike Portnoy referenced in Dream Theater's "The Looking Glass"?

Studying the lyrics of "The Looking Glass", track 3 on Dream Theater's latest album "DREAM THEATER" I began to wonder if the lyrics focus on those who use social media and the internet to make sure people continue to know of their presence. More significantly, was Petrucci thinking of former drummer Mike Portnoy?



I would not expect you felt unnoticed and ignored
Better to rise above the clouds (Black Clouds was the last DT album Portnoy appeared on)
Than be a stranger in the crowd

All that you protected doesn't matter anymore
Rather be stripped of all your pride
Than watch your dreams be cast aside (Portnoy stated that he had other dreams to pursue, perhaps he cast “Dream Theater” aside?)

You are caught up in your gravity
Glorifying stardom
Singing your own praise

You live without shame
You're digging up a gold mine
Standing on the sidelines
Watching through the looking glass

You are not content with being nameless and unknown (Attempts to stay in th…

So...this random girl texted "me" to tell me she's pregnant, and here's what happened...

So the other day I received a message from a strange number claiming I was about to be a father. Knowing that this wasn't a possibility and that clearly the girl had the wrong number (I'm guessing she deleted this guy and messaged my number instead) The moral of the story is always make sure you've actually got the right number...or better yet, ring the person to talk to them about the serious news? Oh this generation!
Anyway had a bit of fun. Sure the white knights will say I was sexist or bullying but here's a transcript of the conversation. If you are the actual girl or guy then let me know and good luck with your future :) P.S. - No I don't think I am funny or clever so don't be all "ughh this guy thinks he is funny and clever but he's really a dick" I know, my mummy told me that.

Umm... so I'm late
Late for work? I'm sure they'll understand.
Not a joke. Be serious here.
I am being serious, you will need to plan ahead next time and ge…